Our mission at Gapyearly is to provide community, opportunities, and resources to help gappers across the globe to maximize their time outside the classroom. In order to foster a safe and inclusive environment for all, you must adhere to our Community Guidelines and Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct and Community Guidelines
- You must engage with one another respectfully and encourage diverse perspectives and lived experiences. Hate speech or discriminatory language of any kind is not tolerated.
- You may not abuse, harass, or threaten other Gapyearly users.
- You may not share sexually explicit content through the Gapyearly website.
- You are responsible for the information you post and share with others via Gapyearly.
- You may not hack or modify the Gapyearly website in any way.
- You may not spam others with any unwanted comments or behaviors.
Violation of any of these guidelines can lead to termination of your account. We also reserve the right to update the community guidelines at any time. You will be notified of any alterations to the Code of Conduct via email.
Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration for your being permitted to participate as a member of Gapyearly, you hereby waive and release Gapyearly and its affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, advisors, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any claims or actions arising out of or relating to your membership in Gapyearly and your participation in our services, including, without limitation, any claims or actions arising from any negligence on the part of any of the Released Parties.
You understand that this waiver and release means that you assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and (if applicable) your family members, and further release and discharge Gapyearly for injury, loss or damage arising out of your use of Gapyearly’s services, whether caused by the fault of yourself, the Released Parties, or other third parties. You will not initiate any claim or action against the Released Parties on account of or relating to such circumstances, and you acknowledge and agree that you have waived and released any such claim or action. You agree that this waiver and release is on behalf of yourself and your personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents, and assigns. You agree to indemnify and defend Gapyearly and the Released Parties against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgements, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs.
If any provision of this waiver is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall continue to be fully effective.
You understand that this waiver is a legally enforceable contract, and that it contains a waiver and release of claims. You represent that you are of lawful age (18 or older) and legally competent to sign this waiver, and that you have read and understand the content of this waiver, and agree to it knowingly and voluntarily.
Opinions, experience ratings, reviews, and information displayed on this Website are intended as only general guidelines, and Gapyearly does not guarantee the accuracy of the ratings. Gapyearly makes no guarantees about the availability of specific experiences or programs. Gapyearly may make improvements and/or changes on the website and its contents at any time.
Gapyearly makes no representations about the suitability of the information, software, products and services contained on this website for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering of any products or services on this website does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of such products or services by Gapyearly. Gapyearly hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products and services. The programs, organizations, companies, and other suppliers providing experiences, travel or other services on this website are not agents or employees of Gapyearly.
Gapyearly is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting there from. In no event shall Gapyearly be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, display of or use of this website or with the delay or inability to access, display or use this website (including, but not limited to, your reliance upon opinions appearing on this website; any computer viruses, information, software, linked sites, products and services obtaining through this website; or otherwise arising out of the access to, display of or use of this website) whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, consumer protection statutes, or otherwise, and even if Gapyearly has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Proprietary Rights on Gapyearly
- Gapyearly does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post or share through the Gapyearly Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Gapyearly Services, you hereby grant to Gapyearly a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly ("private") will not be distributed outside the Instagram Services.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through Gapyearly or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through Gapyearly does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through Gapyearly.
- You may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through Gapyearly that does not belong to you.
- There will be occasions when the Gapyearly website will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Gapyearly.
- Gapyearly can delete Content that violates this Agreement. Deleted content may be stored by Instagram in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order.